I am a Licensed Independent Social Worker with over 24 years of experience. I am passionate about helping individuals and couples from a broad spectrum of backgrounds in a variety of problem areas. Since 1995 I have been in private practice successfully providing individual and couples counseling and assessment services, educational training (personal growth topics, such as stress management), and critical incident stress debriefings.
In addition to my private practice experience, I have worked for an employee assistance program as a counselor. There, I counseled employees from a wide variety of business settings and conducted corporate trainings and critical incident stress debriefings.
My focus is on Marriage Counseling, Christian Counseling, and a variety of other specialties, in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area.
On a personal note, I enjoy hiking, biking, tennis, golf, and skiing with family and friends, and I am active in my church community.
My graduate training was completed at the Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado where I received my Master of Social Work Degree in 1992.
My undergraduate training was completed at Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa where I received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology in 1979.
Training & Certificates
- International Stress Foundation, Certificate in Critical Incident Stress Management
- International Board of Christian Counselors, Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor
- Certificate in Secondary Trauma Resiliency Training
- Certificate in Rapid Cost-Effective Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Association of Christian Counselors